Careers at McConnells
McConnells believes that the best services employ the best people. In line with our continued expansion, we are always on the lookout for the new generation of team members.
If you are a skilled, dedicated professional, and would like to be considered for suitable vacancies when they arise, please send us your CV together with a covering letter.
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee Electrical Estimator
McConnell’s have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our busy team as a Trainee Electrical Estimator.
This position is based at our Head Office in Newark-on-Trent where the successful candidate will be given support and guidance throughout their training and development, plus day release for further education.
- 2 x A Level grade C or above or equivalent /related industry experience
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- IT literate – Microsoft Word & Excel
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in an organised manner
- The ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Full UK driving licence
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary with incremental pay rises throughout your training period
- Discretional performance related bonus
- Career progression
- Day release for further education
- 22 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Workplace pension
Please forward your CV to email@example.com for consideration.
Stores Person / Assistant Buyer
McConnells are looking for someone to join our ever-expanding team, based in Newark, Nottinghamshire we are looking for someone with experience within the electrical industry at either wholesale or contractor level. McConnells is a fast-paced business and the candidate must be highly organised, able to use your own initiative, good with admin skills, Microsoft office literate and with confidence on both the telephone and face to face.
Hours of Work:- Monday to Thursday 0800hrs to 1730hrs, Friday 0800hrs to 1630hrs
Your duties will include: –
- Checking and booking in deliveries, advising any discrepancies
- Offloading site clearances, restocking and returning products
- Maintaining consignment stock & reordering where necessary
- Preparing and picking orders for projects
- General stores house keeping
- Chasing orders and obtaining quotations
- Place orders for material and plant hire via purchasing package
- Checking purchase invoices
- Taking phone calls from contracts managers for materials / plant
- Monitoring the movement of our own property plant equipment and labelling where necessary
- Organising car and van hire along with the maintenance of our own vehicles
- Van driving may be required
- Use of forklift truck (full training will be given)
If you are interested in this position and want to join our team at McConnells please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact tab on our website.
For more information on how we can help you with electrical installations in the UK and Ireland, or if would like us to contact you regarding a speciﬁc enquiry please complete all your details in the form below:
Cliff Nook House,
Cliff Nook Lane,
Nottinghamshire NG24 1LY
Tel: 01636 611626
Fax: 01636 612212
Email: Contact Email
UK Company Reg No. 2595801